Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Day 22: Antagonist

Hello! Happy Sunday!

Its Day 22 of the 31 days challenge and I am using the prompt given by Writers Write to help me write for this challenge and let me tell you this- the prompts are amazing! You can follow them om twitter at Writers_Write for daily prompts.

Today's prompt focuses on the antagonist. I am to write about that one lesson which stuck with my antagonist. To be frank my stories usually do not have a specific antagonist but I need one for this prompt so why not make him/her my lead character.



Evil Never Wins

I know I haven't got much time, only a few minutes left. No matter what the doctors say, I can feel death near me. This must be how others felt as well. Now as my entire life flashes before my eyes I finally realize how right my mother was. 

"Change when you still have a chance, boy.  It will we too late by the time you learn your lesson; evil can never win." she constantly advised til her last breath. Now breathing my last, I regret not listening to her. I had a reason, a justification for everything I did. I defended my actions to an extent where nothing else mattered to me anymore. 

I was supposed to be an opportunist, surely that was as bad. I wasn't born evil neither did my mother raise a devil. I became one myself. Blaming the society is easy. trust me on that. But now lying on the hospital bed with tubes attached to me I understand what a fool I was. I was evil because I enjoyed being the devil everyone feared. It seems I have to pay for all those years with my death. Maybe this is for the better, I can never live another life. 

Mother knew this would happen when she wanted me to die with repentance. I shall fulfill her wish. I will embrace my death with this precious lesson I refused to learn until it was too late. Adieu. 

This is more of a monologue than a story, yet it is short fiction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment