Blog Archive

Thursday, November 30, 2017

IBMC #05: Not So Quite Quote

Hello!

This is the fifth challenge of the marathon already! For this, we are given five quotes in Day #05 as prompts which are to be used to make a story. Now the quotes are not the inspirational types written by big names but random sentences.

Quote 01I am confused at times. Should I sound? Should I echo?
Quote 02
You need not answer all the questions! You can just laugh and laugh again.
Quote 03
Thoughts – they do what we don’t ask for!
Quote 04
I knew it! That I don’t know!
Quote 05
At times, we pretend to think on one and actually think everything else!

So I start with no idea and end up with the following jumble of words. I tried a unique POV, hope you like it.

Who am I?

Deep down, pushed and locked in a corner, I sit smugly knowing what I am capable of. But I am confused at times. Should I sound? Should I echo? Is it even worth the pain? So many questions, yet you need not answer all the questions! You can just laugh and laugh again. Yes, that is what one should do. But then again, what about the thoughts? They do what we don't ask for! I, being me, the most powerful, cannot control those. Why at times, we pretend to think on one and actually think everything else! There's nothing to worry about, it happens to all of us, even me. I can make you laugh, cry or just shatter, in fraction of a minute, but I am not in control of all.  Of course, I knew it! That I don't know! and that you haven't understood who I am. Have you not guessed yet? Looks like you haven't and that is my strength. I can hit you any time, any place and you are helpless of stopping me. I am your memories, the ones you think are buried under a pile of other nonconsequential data.


This is the end of my story. I know it needs some editing, but till I get that done you'll have to bear with this one. If you want to read the other posts of this marathon, visit the Main Post.



2 comments:

  1. The quotes have fit in well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I worried it wouldn't making much sense to readers.

      Delete