Blog Archive

Saturday, December 2, 2017

IBMC #09: Baby Steps

Hii!

We are into the Day #09 challenge of the marathon and this one is slightly different. I have to take a word, sentence, etc and try to look at it from a new perspective. I should be able to think differently from what I would usually do. This sounds easy, but trust me it is not. It is like writing from the POV of an ant, rose or lighthouse (I did those for Microfiction).

I went scrolling down the dictionary app but nothing caught my eye. I typed random quotes on google and went through the images until I got bored. Somehow I wasn't able to find anything interesting. I almost gave up and then this came up. It isn't great or anything but I kind of liked it.



The question here is how do I look at this from a different perspective? I honestly have no idea because I belong to the category of people who are masters at this.
But a challenge is a challenge and I have to look at this from a different perspective! Let me think...

Okay! Let us take the example of a crowded bus where everyone is busy trying to make sure they don't trip on other's feet, send a text, etc and most of them are seen either talking to themselves. But there will always be a person or two who will stare at us like we are demented. Does that stop there? No. They then mutter under their breath, "Crazy! Who talks to themselves!"

Now I think you are beginning to see my point. Exactly. Everyone mumbles or mutters and has conversations with themselves. But the difference is people like me accept it as a common condition and carry on while some feel they are special and have the self-control to not talk to themselves. 
What I don't understand is why is it wrong or wired to talk to oneself? It is way safer than talking to a stranger and offending them (especially when people get offended for nothing these days). 
It doesn't mean we are crazy or have multiple personalities unless of course, one starts to enact various characters (Then they definitely need a therapy). 

Even as I write this I read it to part of myself to see how a normal reader might react and you will also be doing the same, except that you will be judging. 

Those who have understood what I wrote above, you guys are awesome. :) 

If you would like to read the rest of my posts of this marathon, visit the Main Post.


1 comment:

  1. He he.. we all need to talk to our self on regular basis! That is must.

    This was a good read. :-)

    ReplyDelete