Blog Archive

Sunday, December 3, 2017

IBMC #10: Happiness is

Hey!

We are into the last challenge of the marathon!
For Day #10 we are given a single prompt that has to be used as the starting line to write a paragraph in less than 500 words.

So the prompt given is "Happiness is..." Good one, right?

My first thought was the Happiness page I follow on Facebook. It has such cute sketches and images; I have quite a few saved to my computer. :)

But if you were to ask me what happiness is, I'd say it is the ability to make other's smile, especially kids. Happiness is to see a child hold my finger and not let it go, it is to see a flock of birds flying across the sunset sky, it is to bake a perfect cake, it is to listen to an old song and remember all its lyrics, it is to see my mother happy, it is to read Christie to Holmes, it is to take the exact picture I wanted of sunsets and clouds, it is to see the seeds sprout in my flowerpots.

Happiness is so many tiny things that seem inconsequential in this busy and fast-paced world. It is the ability to be able to live life on one's terms and take time to smell the roses in a garden. And finally, happiness is to listen to the national anthem as the flag flies high!


This post ends the IBMC and I totally enjoyed participating even though there were times when I had no idea what to write.

To read the rest of my posts of this marathon, visit the Main Post. And thank you Prakash Hegade for hosting this challenge.


2 comments:

  1. Happiness in all those little things amidst daily chores! :-)

    I had a lot of fun reading all your challenge prompts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prompts. It was fun writing for those. :)

      Delete